Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Western Red Cedar Fence

landscaping idea
I started this project back in the fall of 2010... the project is still under way as I have not had much time this Spring to complete. I have been so busy with design work for my clients.... but it is getting there... slowly....

My neighbour made me promise I would build a nice fence.... I dont think she was expecting it to be as nice as this one...

As you study the detail you may notice that there are not very many nails showing in terms of what holds the fence together...some carefully thought out trim details and board placement has allowed for that.

A fence like this is not something put up in a day... there is a lot of cutting and sanding involved. Every second fence board was ripped into a half piece on the table saw, sanded and then stained...in fact, every piece of lumber put on this fence was pre-stained before assembly and is now awaiting a second coat of stain to seal it up nicely.

I have just applied the second coat to the screens the other day and I planted some Honeysuckle vines to trail up and fill in along the trellis screens. The screen details in the fence give an architectural element that allows great interest to the eye as you walk down the pathways to the backyard or the side door entry.

My next project phase is to build a covered structure in the backyard...that is currently in the planned stage and materials pricing stage... Once the structures are built, the patio and pathways will be completed.

landscaping idea photo galleries
landscaping idea photo galleries

No comments:

Post a Comment